If you want to know how to make meatloaf, follow the simple instructions in this traditional meatloaf recipe. It is an Easy Meatloaf Recipe with both Pork and Beef, which brings back memories of your grandmother’s meatloaf. This is one of several easy meatloaf recipes. Our step-by-step instructions make it easy for the most inexperienced cook to prepare a great dish.
1 pound lean ground beef
1 pound lean ground pork
½ Cup chopped onion
1 egg, beaten
2 Cups Bread Crumbs
½ Cup chopped celery (about 1 stalk)
3 cloves chopped (or pressed) garlic
3 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon thyme
½ teaspoon sage
- Set your oven to 350o to start preheating it for baking.
- Get a medium to large mixing bowl and mix the beef and the pork in the bowl.
- Using a large knife, slice one small onion or about half of a large onion. After slicing the onion, chop the rings into small pieces about ¼ to ½ inches long. When the onion is chopped, measure ½ cup and put it in the bowl with the meat.
- Break an egg into a small bowl, gently beat it with a wire whisk (or a fork) until the yolk and the white are blended together. Pour the egg into the bowl with the meat.
- Measure out 2 Cups Bread and put them in the bowl with the meat.
- Chop enough celery until you get about ½ cup, and put it in the bowl with the meat.
- Time to give it some flavor. Chop 3 cloves of garlic and put it in the bowl. If you have a garlic press, you can press the garlic instead of chopping it. The flavor is the same, but pressing is easier for some people.
- Chop enough fresh parsley leaves to fill 3 Tablespoons. Do not use the stalks.
- Measure out 1 teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of pepper, ½ teaspoon of thyme and ½ teaspoon of sage. Put them all in the mixing bowl with the other ingredients.
- Now the fun part – use your hands to blend all the ingredients together to form a loaf. It should stick together well, and it will look like a small loaf of bread. If it is not sticking together, add a little more bread crumbs, but go sparingly, as too many bread crumbs will make it dry. Place the loaf into a loaf pan (these pans are sometimes used for making bread).
- Place in oven and bake at 350o for 1 ½ hours (90 minutes).
- When it is cooked, remove from the oven and let it set for about 5 minutes, then drain any excess juice from the pan before removing the meatloaf.
Enjoy the meal:
- Place it on a platter and serve with side dishes mentioned on the home page.
- If you have gravy available, pour a little bit over the meatloaf. It is delicious.
- Leftover Meatloaf served cold makes great sandwiches.
- This Easy Meatloaf Recipe with Pork and Beef makes 6 Servings.