Easy Healthy Meatloaf Recipe
Our Healthy Meatloaf Recipe with Turkey replaces the traditional beef with turkey. This is a great alternative if you are living a healthier lifestyle, and want to limit red meat. It tastes great, and you will want to make it a regular dish at your house.
1 pound ground turkey
¼ cup catsup
½ cup chopped onion
¼ teaspoon pepper
12 teaspoon parsley flakes
1 ½ – 2 cup raw quick-cook oats
½ cup milk
- Set your oven to 350o to start preheating it for baking.
- Get a medium to large mixing bowl and put the ground turkey in the bowl.
- Break 2 eggs into a small bowl, beat them with a wire whisk (or a fork) until the yolks and the whites are blended together. Pour the egg mixture into the bowl with the meat.
- Add ¼ cup catsup to the meat
- Using a large knife, slice one small onion or about half of a large onion. After slicing the onion, chop the rings into small pieces about ¼ to ½ inches long. When the onion is chopped, measure ½ cup and put it in the bowl with the meat.
- Add ¼ teaspoon pepper and ½ teaspoon parsley flakes to the other ingredients in the mixing bowl.
- Now the fun part – add the oats gradually, a little bit at a time. Use your hands to blend all the ingredients together to form a loaf. It should stick together well. If it is not sticking together, add a few more oats, but go sparingly, as too many oats will make it too dry.
- Place the loaf into a two-quart baking dish. Shape it with your hands to make an oval. Do not allow the loaf to touch the sides. It should be about ¼ inch to ½ inch from all sides.
- Pour the milk gently over the loaf you just formed, and cover the pan with foil.
- Place in oven and bake at 350o for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for 10 more minutes uncovered.
- Remove the baking dish from oven, let set for about 5 minutes and remove the meatloaf from the baking dish.
Enjoy the meal
- If you wish, you may slice it and serve it in the baking dish. Otherwise, place it on a platter and serve with side dishes mentioned in the Home Page.
- Leftover Meatloaf served cold makes great sandwiches.
- This Easy Healthy Meatloaf Recipe with Turkey makes 6 – 8 Servings.